The Art Museum of Estonia performs expert analysis of works of art, for a fee, for organisations in the field of culture, for legal persons and for natural persons.
The Art Museum of Estonia (AME) performs expert analysis of works of art, for a fee, for organisations (including other museums) in the field of culture, for legal persons and for natural persons. The fees are stated in the price-list of AME’s services and the time of completion depends on AME’s schedule of work.
The expert analysis includes art historical and technical examination (using various types of lighting technology: UV, infra-red, X-ray, micro- and macro analysis and substance analysis).
The expert analysis is performed by the art historians and conservators of AME. If necessary, substance analyses are ordered from cooperation partners in various scientific centres.
Based on the results of the analysis, a formal record in the form of an expert assessment is compiled.
AME has the right to refuse a job.
Conservation of works of art
The Art Museum of Estonia does not accept requests for conservation work.
1. The owner of the work brings it to the conservation department of AME. For further information, call +372 602 6081.
2. The specialists in AME make a price offer.
3. The owner of the work accepts the price offer.
4. A contract is signed between the two parties.
5. The owner of the work makes an advance payment (50% of the full amount). The agreed time schedule is calculated starting from the receipt of payment.
6. Examination begins.
7. When the work is finished, the owner of the work pays the rest of the sum according to the received invoice.
8. The work is returned to the owner, together with the expert assessment.