Kumu is the main building of the Art Museum of Estonia, as well as one of the largest and most monumental exhibition venues in the country. The museum provides a survey of the various time periods of Estonian art: from the Academic Style to Modernism, from Soviet Pop Art to contemporary art. The modern architecture of the building is an attraction in its own right.
The Kadriorg Art Museum is the only museum in Estonia dedicated to early European and Russian art. Interpreting the art of old masters is also the focus of its exhibitions and educational programmes. The museum is located in Kadriorg, in the Baroque palace built for the Russian tsar Peter the Great.
The Mikkel Museum in Kadriorg introduces private collections and the collecting of art in general. The bulk of the exhibition consists of the purchases of Johannes Mikkel; temporary exhibitions offer the visitor access to contemporary and historical private collections.
The Niguliste Museum, in the Old Town of Tallinn, is one of the few northern European museums located in a former church, where ecclesiastical art can be presented in its historical context. The museum houses the largest and most valuable ecclesiastical art collection in Estonia.
The permanent display at the Adamson-Eric Museum in Tallinn’s Old Town provides an overview of the oeuvre of one of the most versatile Estonian artists, Adamson-Eric (1902–1968). In addition, the museum organises two to three temporary exhibitions each year on various topics.
The exhibition of the works of one of the most renowned Estonian avant-gardists, Ado Vabbe (1892–1961), focusses on the variegated stages of his creative career.
The core of the permanent exhibition of the museum is made up of European and Chinese ceramics and porcelain, and Western European paintings from the former collection of Johannes Mikkel.
This exhibition brings to the viewer interpretations by artists of the complex and intriguing field of particle physics.
The collection in the Niguliste Museum holds the most remarkable and valuable part of the medieval and early modern ecclesiastical art of Estonia. Most of the works of art in the Niguliste Museum’s collection originate from the church itself and have been displayed in their former locations.
The exhibition studies renditions of cats and dogs in art, and explores their significance, roles and symbolic meanings for people and society.
The permanent exposition of the Kadriorg Art Museum presents the cream of the foreign art collection of the Art Museum of Estonia, which consists mostly of paintings, sculptures and applied art from Western Europe and Russia from the 16th to the 20th centuries.
Kaljo Põllu (1934–2010) is one of the most distinguished Estonian artists and a visual interpreter of the world-view of Finno-Ugric and Nordic peoples and their ancient myths.
This exhibition represents one possible approach to the Estonian art of the second half of the 20th century, when it was characterised mainly by conflicts with and adaptations to the new political order established after World War II.
This is the first exhibition of ancient Egyptian art in Estonia. It includes archaeological findings that are thousands of years old and that belong to one of the most prominent ancient Egyptian art collections in the world: the Museo Egizio in Italy.
The museum is dedicated to Adamson-Eric (1902–1968), one of the most versatile creative personalities in Estonian art in the 20th century.
The exhibition showcases the collection of the Värnik family, the core of which is made up of landscapes by authors linked to the Pallas Art School.
The exhibition introduces the more than 300-year-old creative legacy of Estonia’s most renowned Baroque-era sculptor and his co-workers.
Please wear a mask when visiting.